- Lentils (chana dal or masoor dal)- ¼ cup
- Chicken boneless pieces- ¼ kg
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Chilly powder- ½ tsp
- Pepper powder-1 /2 tsp
- Cumin powder- ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder- ¼ tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Boiled Potato-1 medium size
- Lemon juice-1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves chopped- 3 tbsp
- Oil-for shallow frying
- Wash and soak lentils in water for overnight.
- Drain it and add in to a pressure cooker along with 2-9
- Add ¼ cup of water and pressure cooks it for few whistles
(almost 5) until all of the chicken pieces and lentils are nicely cooked and in
a mashed consistency. After cools down; open the lid and dries out the excess
water by open heating.
- Allow to cools down completely.
- Add it in to a blender
along with lemon juice and egg.
- Make a fine puree out of it.
- Add mashed potato (without any lumps in it) and coriander
leaves in to it.
- Mix well and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Make equal balls out of it.
- Take each ball in your greased palm (with water or oil) and
flatten it in to the desired shape.
- Shallow fry it in hot oil in medium-low flame until both
sides are nicely golden in color.
- Add in to paper towels.
- Serve it hot with your favorite dips.. J