Kuboos is an Arabic bread that can be served for every meal
in the Middle East. It can accompany with a dipping or filling like sandwich or
with a curry. Its very difficult to make
it in the home kitchen; Let’s try to duplicate with the same ingredients.
- Wheat flour (all purpose flour)- 3 cups
- Self raising yeast- 1tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- Luke warm water-about 1 cup
- Dissolve yeast in ¼ cup of warm water.
- Add sugar, mi well until dissolved. Let it rest for 15
minutes until frothy.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl; mix it with yeast
- Gradually add warm water little by little and knead well (about
15minutes) to make smooth dough.
- Apply little oil on top of the dough and leave it on a warm
place for 4 hours or until doubled in size.
- Pre-heat the oven in to 500 degree. Pre-heat the baking
- Once doubled divide the dough in to equal sized balls
(double that of chapathi dough).
- Roll out in to a thick circle on a floured surface.
- Bake each circles in a pre-heated oven for about 4 minutes
until puffed up.
- Turn the other side and bake for 2 minutes.
- Take it out carefully and immediately place it in a closed